[ovs-discuss] OVS overload issue on openstack

Rex (Zhengxian) Wang zhwang at SonicWALL.com
Mon Jul 20 06:55:28 UTC 2015

Hi OVS team,

I've met with a problem by using 2.3.0 for openstack setup that when large number of virtual instances exist parallel within heavy network traffic on, ovsdb-server.log shows message "poll_loop|INFO|wakeup due to [POLLIN] on fd 26 (/var/run/openvswitch/db.sock<->) at ../lib/stream-fd-unix.c:124 (67% CPU usage)".
And this causes some network problems on Network node of openstack setup.

So I've got 2 questions:
1. if you have noticed this issue?
2. if latest verison OVS has such problem?

It'll be grateful of you to give me a reply if you have any suggestion to me.

B.R.
Rex(Zhengxian) Wang
Phone:  +86-21-65100909 Ext. 42651
Dell-Sonicwall, Shanghai Ltd.