[ovs-discuss] OVS -- Linux interaction

Abhishek Verma abhishekv.verma at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 00:02:59 UTC 2015

Thanks Jesse.

How does this work when OVS is running in the user space along with DPDK.
Does OVS again send packets to Linux stack for forwarding? I thought the
whole point there was NOT to involve the Linux stack.

Asking this since i thought that since eth0 is a part of the OVS bridge,
its OVS that actually frames the entire packet and sends it out.

Thanks, Abhishek