[ovs-discuss] Drops in OVS

Abhishek Verma abhishekv.verma at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 00:08:12 UTC 2015

Thanks Flavio.

I installed very specific flow-rules and checked the counter values. That
way i checked the segment where there were losses.

My question is this:

When i add a flow rule which matches on some source IP, dest IP and i give
a output port as an action, then if i see the packet counter incrementing
then can i be sure that the packet was successfully sent out by OVS?

Is the counter incremented in the ingress pipeline or the egress? That is,
is it possible that the counter was incremented, and then OVS later dropped
it because of some reason?

Thanks, Abhishek