[ovs-discuss] Behaviour change in OpenVSwitch

Tony van der Peet tony.vanderpeet at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 08:28:13 UTC 2015

The test is basic.OutputExact in oftest, which is on GitHub at:

https://github.com/floodlight/oftest/blob/master/tests-1.3/basic.py

Yes, it does have a barrier between adding the flow and verifying packets,
so your idea would seem to be not only a total fix, but also the most
elegant way to do it.

To answer Alex in the same email:

1 - Yes, a flow remove would also fix it, although I'm not sure whether
this would make the timing of deleting the dpif flows any faster. But since
we're trying to use oftest without too many mods, and *not* doing the flow
remove actually tests something else (that changing a flow actually changes
the flow), which may in fact be the actual test case we are testing, we
really want this to work without the flow remove.

2 - Not sure exactly where I put the sleep in all cases (I intend to fix
our copy of oftest next week at work and may come up with a different
method anyway), but I think from memory that it's after the call to flow
add.

Tony