[ovs-discuss] netctl & openvswitch after shutdown -r now

Ben benoitne at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 15:31:25 UTC 2015

Thanks for your reply.
If I remember well openvswitch keeps the configuration even after a
reboot, perhaps the issue is caused by netctl which tries to erase
everything again? (then if it is the case it should have a difference
between reboot and starting from a cold start).

By the way speaking about netctl I am using this :

nano /etc/netctl/vswitch_trust
Description='Trusted Virtual Switch'
Interface=vswitch_trust
Connection=openvswitch
BindsToInterfaces=(eth1 eth2 eth3)
IP=static
Address=('10.20.8.10/24')
#Routes=('192.168.0.0/24 via 192.168.1.2')
Gateway='10.20.8.254'
DNS=('80.67.169.12')

Do you know if it is possible to indicate some vlan tag for eth1 eth2
eth3 directly in netctl conf?
I am asking this because apparently openvswitch is supported as I am
using Connection=openvswitch.

Many thanks

Ben