[ovs-discuss] assigning number of cores to datapath

Hardik Soni hardik.soni at inria.fr
Mon Jun 8 15:45:43 UTC 2015

Okay. I understand that switching doesnt take much time.
But what about flowtable update in kernel datapath from userspace.

I was not elaborate in my question, I have following scenario.
I want to run 2 ovs-switch instances on single machine. But, they should not affect each other's performance.
So, I thought if I can assign # of physical cores to them..
I am using Open Vswitch with kernel module.

Thanks,
Hardik Soni