[ovs-discuss] VMs can't ping each other

Silvia Fichera fichera.sil at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 15:16:45 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I have a server with several VMs. One of these acts as my OVS. The others
are connected to it through bridges. It means that eth1 of each VM is
connected to the eth-x of the OVS.
I have also put an ODL Controller who is able to detect the network.
When I try to ping from 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.2 I receive the message
"Destination host unreachble".
I dumped the traffic and I can see that the arp request arrives to the
destination, the arp reply is sent but it never reaches the switch.
According to your knoledge, could be that it is blocked in some way by the
bridge?

If you need further information feel free to contact me.
Thanks
Regards,

--
Silvia Fichera