[ovs-discuss] OpenVswitch spanning question

Garrett Auer (RIT Student) gca1883 at rit.edu
Wed Jun 10 15:37:22 UTC 2015

Hello,

I was wondering if some of the devs can help on this one. I am unsure if
this is a bug but I figured I should check with you guys just in case. I
have attached a copy of my topology to this email to better illustrate what
the problem is. I have also attached it to the bottom of this email.

The OVS version I am running is 1.11.0. However I have seen the exact same
behavior using version 2.1.3. I am running cent 6.5 in both environments
with a 2.6.32-431.29.2.el6.x86_64 kernel. I have also tried with the most
up to date kernel and still seeing the same issue.

Am I doing something wrong in my setup? Any information would be greatly
appreciated.

It looks like people have seen this behavior before, refer to the links
below.

-https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/61305/issue-regarding-port-mirroring/
-http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/discuss/2014-June/014318.html

The topology diagram can also be viewed here:
https://visualne.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/traffic-span-problem.jpg

​