[ovs-discuss] OVS 2.4 Release Plans

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Wed Jun 17 21:27:53 UTC 2015

> On Jun 17, 2015, at 2:21 PM, Ashok Chippa <a.n.chippa at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes I did... "We feel we are making progress on that front, and once support is added, we will follow it up quickly with another release, which will likely be the next LTS"
>
> I was looking for a ballpark data for the next LTS... Assuming 4 per year, within the next 3 to 4 months? Would that be more or less right?

The first sentence in that paragraph you quoted was about needing the feature supported in the upstream kernel.  We don't maintain the upstream kernel, so it's outside of our control.  I hope that it will be accepted soon, but I don't want to hazard a guess on the timeline.  I will make sure to update everyone when a decision is made.

--Justin