[ovs-discuss] fail configure --with-dpdk=$DPDK_BUILD CFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wno-cast-align"

Serguei Bezverkhi (sbezverk) sbezverk at cisco.com
Thu Jun 18 15:49:45 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am trying to build OVS with DPDK support and I have everything prepared from DPDK side, CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_VHOST_USER=y CONFIG_RTE_BUILD_COMBINE_LIBS=y are set and I do see DPDK generated libintel_dpdk.a combined library. When I run:

configure --with-dpdk=$DPDK_BUILD CFLAGS="-g -O2 -Wno-cast-align"

I am getting :

configure: error:  ----- cannot link with dpdk ------

I would greatly appreciate some suggestion how to resolve this linking issue.  I am running RHEL 7.1 with 3.10.0-229.4.2.el7.x86_64. Latest DPDK cloned from the master and latest 2.3.90 OVS also cloned from the master.

Thank you

Serguei

[http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/assets/email-signature-tool/logo_07.png?ct=1423747865775]

Serguei Bezverkhi,