[ovs-discuss] open Vswitch

Justin Pettit jpettit at nicira.com
Fri Jun 26 07:12:56 UTC 2015

> On Jun 26, 2015, at 1:21 AM, Abhinav <abhinavnzl at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Could you please tell me what is the difference betwwen ovs-dpctl and ovs-appctl.

ovs-dpctl talks to the (often kernel) datapath.  ovs-appctl talks to the various userspace daemons.  I'd recommend looking at the man pages, which should describe them.

> Also let me know what is the difference between ovs and linux bridge ?

OVS provides quite a few more features and remote controllability.

You might find this presentation from a couple of years ago applicable:

	http://openvswitch.org/slides/OpenStack-131107.pdf

--Justin