[ovs-discuss] Info next OVS with Intel DPDK

Iezzi, Federico federico.iezzi at hp.com
Mon Mar 2 14:09:14 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

I'm so sorry if you already spoken a lot of this topic.

If I'm not wrong the next OVS version will be released when two important features will be available: vHost (for QEMU integration) and Tunning "under" DPDK code.

>From the changelog the current master OVS code supports Tunnel acceleration but it doesn't support the vHost functionality.

>From the DPDK 2.0-RC1 changelog (released last week) Intel added the Tunneling acceleration at the DPDK level.

So can someone explain me the current integration status?

I know that the next OVS version will be available when all the features will be available but these features in what development state are.

Thanks a lot!

Federico Iezzi