[ovs-discuss] MAC learning table does not always update

Cheng Jin cheng at cs.umn.edu
Wed Mar 4 01:38:53 UTC 2015

Thank, Ben. Can you please elaborate more about the optimization "should
only affect cases where a MAC
would otherwise quickly bounce back and forth between a number of learned
ports." I reproduced it with a simple setup which has only three switches
forming a triangle (VLAN set up to avoid loop), but the problem still
exists.

Is it possible for me to disable this optimization temporarily? If so, will
the bouncing issue be solved?

Thanks!
Cheng

--