[ovs-discuss] Linear topology in openveswitch

AMER amer7777 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 9 11:06:06 UTC 2015

Hello,

I apologize for mule emails

This is what i did and I do not know whether it is correct or not I want your comments
Hello,

Dear folks,

   I would like to build and configure a linear topology using
openveswitch and 4 VMs, I have installed in each VM an openveswitch and I
 want to build the following topology
h1---VM1---VM2----VM3----VM4---h2
To do this I did the following
In each VMs
ovs-vsctl add-br br0
ovs-vsctl add-port br0 eth0
ovs-vsctl add-br br1
ovs-vsctl add-port br1 eth1
Ifconfig eth0 0
Ifconfig br0 192.168.x.z
Ifconfig eth1 0
Ifconfig br0 192.168.x.y

I am going to do this in each VM
Is this correct? Did I need to add something other than the flow-rules?

Best regards,
Amer

Eng Amer Alghadhban

COE