[ovs-discuss] VxLAN kernel module.

Sudipto Biswas sbiswas7 at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Mar 10 17:38:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a very small query. I am using OVS 2.3.1 and i have built the
kernel module etc following the instructions in the INSTALL file.

I was also, able to create vxlan ports and communicate across two VMs on
two different machines using VxLAN tunnels.

However, if i do a lsmod on my machine, it doesn't list the vxlan kernel
module.

lsmod | grep openvswitch
openvswitch           123112  0
gre                     5383  1 openvswitch
libcrc32c               1922  1 openvswitch

Now i am beginning to think, if i should see the vxlan module there as well?
If yes, then i wonder how my setup is working? :-)

Appreciate your help!

Thanks.
Sudipto