[ovs-discuss] VxLAN kernel module.

Sudipto Biswas sbiswas7 at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Mar 12 09:29:35 UTC 2015

Hi Pravin, Fan Du,

Appreciate your help.

To conclude, for VxLAN to work on Kernel 3.10 - do I need to explicitly
load the vxlan.ko and then re-build OVS to make use of it?

I can see that CONFIG_VXLAN is set to 'm'

Do I need to re-build OVS to use this module? (after i have used
modprobe to load it?) Shouldn't the OVS install process take care of

Thanks,
Sudipto