[ovs-discuss] Additional arguments when starting ovsdb-server

Tim tim at aliens.wtf
Tue Mar 17 19:50:43 UTC 2015

I'm currently playing with OVS 2.3.1 LTS on Cent7 and I'm trying to pass
additional arguments to ovsdb-server at runtime, and I currently don't
see any way to do that. I can kill -15 the process after start up, and
re-run it with the options I want, but that seems barbaric.

The only option related to ovsdb-server that I see is in
/etc/sysconfig/openvswitch but it seems to only relate to the nice
priority, and the /etc/rc.d/init.d/openvswitch script seems to only care
about setting that value when ran.

Is there a way to go about this sanely?