[ovs-discuss] Priority of flows in openvswitch code

Sumit Paliwal pg201372016 at iitj.ac.in
Sat Mar 21 17:32:28 UTC 2015

I've a question about the possibility of implementing a particular method
in the openvswitch.

I'm sending 2 different flows for same source-destination pair with
different priority values from controller to switch. Now I want to switch
between these flows( Sending packets through higher priority flow for first
few packets and than through lower priority flow ).

So as I've come to know by our discussion, that it is not even possible to
store 2 flows in the kernel implementation, so there is no possibility of
the above scenario in that case.

Now, My question is, Can that be done in openvswitch? If yes, kindly guide
me in this regard.

Thanks,

--
Sumit Paliwal