[ovs-discuss] ovs-conntrack kernel panic

John Hurley john.hurley at netronome.com
Mon Mar 23 16:49:17 UTC 2015

*Hi,*

*I am interested in using Conntrack within OVS and have installed the
latest version from the banch
(https://github.com/justinpettit/ovs/tree/conntrack).
<https://github.com/justinpettit/ovs/tree/conntrack>*

*When I run an example mentioned in the tests:*

*ovs-ofctl del-flows br0
ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 \
    "in_port=1,conn_state=-trk,tcp,action=ct(commit,zone=9),2"
ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 \
    "in_port=2,conn_state=-trk,tcp,action=ct(recirc,zone=9)"
ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 "in_port=2,conn_state=+trk+est-new,tcp,action=1"
ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 "in_port=2,conn_state=+trk-est+new,tcp,action=drop"
ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 priority=10,action=normal*

*I am seeing a kernel panic for the 'commit' action.I have traced this
to the nf_ct_is_confirmed(ct) call on the nf_conntrack module.If I
edit the code to avoid this check I avoid the panic but am getting an
error response from calls such as 'nf_ct_get(skb, &ctinfo)'.*

*It appears that ovs-conntrack is not populating the nf_conntrack
tables for me.Is there any information on installing/running the
ovs-conntrack branch specifically or is there anything else that
should be done on top of the standard OVS installation.Doing an lsmod
I can see both openvswitch and nf_conntrack modules running.*

*Thanks,*

*John*