[ovs-discuss] How to install OVS!

Amal KAMMOUN amal.kammoun at supcom.tn
Mon Mar 30 13:58:11 UTC 2015

Hello!

I tried to install openvswitch in a virtual machine but I failed!

I followed this tutorial https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/master/INSTALL.md . Everything is fine and I could create a bridge. But when I restart my VM, I try to use the ovs-vsctl command. But I have " data base connection failed".

I try to start OVS with this commands : service openvswitch-switch start and /etc/init.d/ovsdb-server start, but I failed.

How can I install correctly openvswitch. I have to install it from ubuntu packages? it is the same?

Thank you.