[ovs-discuss] OVS - Change Interface Speed

Bakshi Gulam gulam at gulam.in
Tue May 5 09:46:02 UTC 2015

Hi All!

I'm trying to change interface speed of OVS but I couldn't. When I searched
OVS mailing list archives, I found a answer that OVS doesn't offer a way to
set speed rather it just advertises what the kernel reports.

Using ethtool, I got that my driver for virtual interfaces created by OVS
is "veth". I tried changing the veth driver's speed using ethtool. But it
says "operation not supported". Can anyone please tell me how to change the
speed of veth driver so that OVS advertises new speed?

P.S.: This may be beyond the scope of OVS. But suggestions will be of great
help.

--
// Bakshi Gulam        //