[ovs-discuss] stat request reply malformatted, on new experimenter action.

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed May 6 17:40:10 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 08:00:07AM -0500, David Evans wrote:
> I have gotten a little further.
> My new flow action registers ok in ovs, but when i use ovs-ofctl to dump
> the flows, the reply message parser in ovs-ofctl bails out trying to read
> the instruction/actions from the message saying that they're an invalid
> length.
> Do i need a vendor_id specific stats reply or something like that to fix
> this?

It seems likely that the encode_*() function that you wrote does not
properly encode the new action.  Does it use the generated
ofpact_put_*() function to encode the action?  I would also check the
hexdump for the action to make sure that it has the expected format.

You do need a "vendor extension" or "experimenter" action but the
generated ofpact_put_*() function should take care of that for you.