[ovs-discuss] Openvswitch Bug for open flow version 1.2

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Thu May 7 23:28:32 UTC 2015

On Wed, May 06, 2015 at 06:33:32AM +0000, jayachandran.subramanian at wipro.com wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I would like to report a bug for OpenVSwitch while running OFtest script with openflow version 1.2 and please find the details below
>
> Openvswitch version : openvswitch - 2.3.1
> OS version                    : Ubuntu 14.04 Ttusty
> Open flow version      : 1.2
>
> I have executed the  GitHub open flow 1.2 version script in openvswitch and observed that script is failing and unable to match the ofp message for eg . (OFPET_GROUP_MOD_FAILED/OFPGMFC_INVALID_GROUP) .
>
> When we are commenting these lines in the script , script successfully passed.
>
> And the same script passed without adding /deleting in the script with Ericsson (of12softswitch)

I do get the expected error with OVS 2.3.1 here:

    blp at sigsegv:~/ovs/tutorial$ ovs-ofctl -O OpenFlow11 add-group br0 group_id=all,type=all,buckets=output:1
    OFPT_ERROR (OF1.1) (xid=0x2): OFPGMFC_INVALID_GROUP
    OFPT_GROUP_MOD (OF1.1) (xid=0x2):
     ADD group_id=4294967292,type=all,bucket=actions=output:1
    blp at sigsegv:~/ovs/tutorial$