[ovs-discuss] Packet inspection with Open vSwitch

Moises Rodrigues moisesber at gmail.com
Mon May 11 16:50:46 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am trying to reproduce what was done in
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2620735
For those who cannot access the paper, what authors proposed that
"switches in our system are augmented to have a stateful app
processing capability that uses higher layer information in packets",
this way an application running on top of Open vSwitch can access
information beyond L2-L4.
Is there some sort of API for such extension? I mean, if I want to do
extra analyses with incoming packets, how could I do that? Do I have
to make direct modification in Open vSwitch's code or is there an
easier way?
I googled for a while but I could not find anything that helps. Maybe
I used the wrong words but, if any of you guys could help I would
really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.
Best regards,

Moisés Rodrigues