[ovs-discuss] LLDP support on openvswitch

Dave DeSimone (ddesimon) ddesimon at cisco.com
Fri May 22 03:45:54 UTC 2015

Hi Ben,

Just a fundamental question, that I’m not understanding.

Here is my bridge

    Bridge "br0"
        Port "br0"
            Interface "br0"
                type: internal
        Port "enp130s0f0"
            Interface "enp130s0f0"
        Port "mgmt0"
            Interface "mgmt0"
                type: internal

mgmt0 is carrying the ip address.

I’ve added a flow with this:

ovs-ofctl add-flow br0 dl_type=0x88cc,action=flood

When I dump the flows, I see pkts

ovs-ofctl dump-flows br0
	NXST_FLOW reply (xid=0x4):
	cookie=0x0, duration=23254.816s, table=0, n_packets=4647,
n_bytes=1329042, idle_age=3, dl_type=0x88cc actions=FLOOD

I also ran tcpdump on the mgmt0 interface and I see the lldp packets there.

So, it looks like the pkts are coming in on the physical interface
(enp130s0f0) and getting sent to the internal interface mgmt0. But the
lldp daemon running on the linux os still is not seeing the pkts.

Is this valid? Why wouldn’t the lldp process see these packets is they
appear on the mgmt0 interface?

Thanks again for your time!