[ovs-discuss] Tunnels with duplicate configuration

Ben Pfaff blp at nicira.com
Wed May 27 01:48:56 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 01:48:24PM -0700, Keith Holleman wrote:
> Running OVS 2.3.0 on Ubuntu from a debian package.
>
> I am creating two interfaces that are tunnels with duplicate configuration
> as shown below and noticed that this causes some interesting behavior.
> Everything appears to work but in reality, only one of the of-ports is able
> to send traffic.

I agree that that's surprising and undesirable.

I sent out a patch that I believe should fix the problem, although I
have not yet fully tested it.  Would you try it?  It is against master,
though I could backport it to branch-2.3 if necessary.

The patch is at:
        http://openvswitch.org/pipermail/dev/2015-May/055573.html