[ovs-discuss] Fwd: Run dpdk application in a VM

Gayathri gd0204 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 05:00:48 UTC 2015

Hi *,

I am new to dpdk please do help me.

My setup has a host with dpdk-ovs, with VMs connected to it. We need to run
dpdk applications on these VMs. The host dpdk is built for
x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc.
Please advice if we should be using x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc instead.

Could somebody share with me the steps to install x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc
based dpdk-ovs in the host/guest. Apart from the below two configs, are
there any more details involved plz suggest
export RTE_TARGET=x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc
make install T=x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc

Also please let me know if the hugepages in the VM could be 2M pages or its
mandatory to have 1 Gb pages.

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Gayathri