[ovs-discuss] OVS 2.4 with DPDK 2.0

Thadeu Lima de Souza Cascardo cascardo at redhat.com
Wed Nov 18 18:03:48 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 07:14:11AM +0000, A, Sarada (HP Networking) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am running the OpenvSwitch 2.4 version with DPDK 2.0 on Ubuntu 14.04 Virtual machine.  I could successfully build both Open vswitch 2.4 & DPDK 2.0, I am unable to figure out how to add the dpdk interface to the bridge.
>
> Here are the steps I have followed.

[...]

You didn't seem to have added any port to the bridge. Try the following command.
It is described at INSTALL.DPDK.md. Also, I guess you may need to restart
ovs-vswitchd after you bind ports to igb_uio, vfio or other drivers DPDK supports.

   ovs-vsctl add-port br0 dpdk0 -- set Interface dpdk0 type=dpdk

Regards.
Cascardo.