[ovs-discuss] Is there any auto restart mechanism for the ovs-vswitchd

Henry 342619517 at qq.com
Wed Nov 25 07:00:55 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I would like to know is there any auto restart mechanism for the ovs-vswitchd.

As I know, some type of physical switcher will auto reboot itself when some cirtical error happened, there is hardware or software watchdog to monitor the switcher software running.

For the OVS, will it reboot/restart automatically due to some unrecoverable error? or when the traffic load is overload? or when run out of memory? or something else?

I know there is a healthy monitor porcess monitor the ovs-vswitchd, I think the monitor is only able to restart the ovs-vswitchd passive, not able to restart it positive, right?