[ovs-discuss] network issue with the guest machine (KVM machine)

David Gabriel davidgab283 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 11:26:20 UTC 2015

Dears,

I have an issue with my network connection in the VM side.
In fact, I set up an ovs bridge then I use this command to set up my VM :
kvm -m 512 -net nic,macaddr=00:11:22:EE:EE:EE -net
tap,script=/etc/ovs-ifup,downscript=/etc/ovs-ifdown -drive
file=/home/ubuntu/lubuntu-14.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso,boot=on

The problem here is that network connection is not working fine. Indeed,
the network icon is continuously searching ... without getting any stable
state that allows me to set an address by ifconfig command.
Please note that I am running my ovs inside a VM using VMware workstation
and the other VM (using nested virtualization) that should connect to my
ovs is set up by kvm using the aformentioned command in the same outer VM
(where ovs is running).
I am looking  for your help to fix this issue !

Thanks in advance.
Regards