[ovs-discuss] Disabling flow cache

Santiago Vidal svidal91 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 29 21:56:20 UTC 2015

Hello.

I'm working on an experiment to study the impact of a large number of flows in a switch. I would like to know how I can disable the flow cache in the kernel module, so that every packet has to go through the OpenFlow pipeline.

I tried 'ovs-appctl upcall/set-flow-limit 0' but it did not work. I can still see flows when I use 'ovs-appctl dpif/dump-flows'

Is that the correct way to do it? If not, how can I achieve this? If it is, any ideas on why it doesn't work?

Thank you in advance.

Santiago.