[ovs-discuss] Handling "Port Shutdown" message
tech.kals at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 05:51:05 UTC 2015
Assume when any Openflow agent uses OVS openflow stack to interact with
the controller. When port is configured admin down in the hardware.
Openflow agent wants to inform the controller about the port shut hence it
will send port shutdown message to OVS. It is the responsibility of OVS to
send the same message to Controller.
In OVS code, i dont see, port shutdown message is not being handled.
In the code, Openflow agent would call any of the function pointer which
is defined in ofproto_dpif_class.
In ofproto_dpif_class, "port_reconfigured" is handling port shutdown
event. The same function needs to inform the controller about port shutdown.
But, the definition of it says that it will not handle, i have
highlighted the same. Please note that "*OFPUTIL_PC_PORT_DOWN"* is being
used to set/unset the flag when port is configured as admin down.
* /* Called after an OpenFlow request changes a port's configuration.*
* * 'ofport->pp.config' contains the new configuration. 'old_config'*
* * contains the previous configuration.*
* * The caller implements OFPUTIL_PC_PORT_DOWN using netdev functions
* * turn NETDEV_UP on and off, so this function doesn't have to do
* * for that bit (and it won't be called if that is the only bit that*
* * changes). */*
* void (*port_reconfigured)(struct ofport *ofport,*
* enum ofputil_port_config old_config);*
On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 8:59 PM, Ben Pfaff <blp at nicira.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 12:14:21PM +0530, tech_kals Kals wrote:
> > Can someone clarify me whether OVS handles port shutdown message? I am
> > not seeing it in "port_reconfigured" function.
> > If this is the case then controller may not be aware that when port is
> > configured to admin down.
> > * Can someone tell me how port shut message is communicated to the
> > controller if OVS is not processing port shut message ?*
> What's a port shutdown message? Who sends it?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the discuss