[ovs-discuss] Problem when converts 'ofpacts_bitmap' to 'openflow_bitmap'

Minoru TAKAHASHI takahashi.minoru7 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 08:29:42 UTC 2015

Hi,

I use following function of lib/ofp-actions.c

 /* Converts 'ofpacts_bitmap', a bitmap whose bits correspond to OFPACT_*
  * values, into a bitmap of actions suitable for OpenFlow 'version', and
  * returns the result. */
 ovs_be32
 ofpact_bitmap_to_openflow(uint64_t ofpacts_bitmap, enum ofp_version version)

I can get openflow_bitmap by using this function.
However, the bit that corresponds to the following values of openflow_bitmap is set always 'zero'.

 OFPACT_COPY_TTL_OUT = 11
 OFPACT_COPY_TTL_IN = 12
 OFPACT_PUSH_PBB = 26
 OFPACT_POP_PBB = 27

Is this a bug?

I know openvswitch does not support above actions.
So, Cause of this problem is the above actions is not defined as OFPACT_*?

thanks,