[ovs-discuss] Learn action in group table

Davide Sanvito dsanvito90 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 09:19:56 UTC 2015

Hi Ben,
if I try to add a learn action to the action set using write-action, the
switch returns an error OFPET_BAD_ACTION,OFPBAC_BAD_TYPE. From a comment
in lib/ofp-actions.c it seems that OVS does not allow adding non-OF actions
to an action-set.
One last question: if group buckets are like action-sets (a comment in
ofproto/ofproto-dpif-xlate.c says "Note that group buckets are action sets
[...]"), why does the switch not return any error?
By the way you perfectly solved my doubt, thank you!
Davide