[ovs-discuss] Installing VM on KVM hypervisor in Ubuntu 14.04 with OVS bridge

Ramana Reddy gtvrreddy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 08:03:15 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I installed a VM in NAT mode using virt-manager and edited the xml file as
per the
instructions  given in this link:

http://git.openvswitch.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openvswitch;a=blob_plain;f=INSTALL.Libvirt;hb=HEAD

Basically It tells the following modofications:

And change it to something like this:

 <interface type='bridge'>
  <mac address='52:54:00:71:b1:b6'/>
  <source bridge='ovsbr'/>
  <virtualport type='openvswitch'/>
  <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03' function='0x0'/>
 </interface>

After modifications, I started VM. But its throwing the errors: Unable to
complete install: 'Unable to add bridge br0 port vnet0: Operation not
supported'

I started VM with both virsh start VM and virt-manager, but both are giving
the same error.

Does any one face the same problem. Please help me in this regards.

Thanks,
Ramana