[ovs-discuss] OVS - Change Interface Speed

王勇 duanguyuan at 163.com
Sun Oct 11 11:04:58 UTC 2015

I got your code, could you tell me how to use this?
I'm so sorry to say that but I really need your help.
I'd be most grateful for your help.

At 2015-10-03 20:24:06, "Bakshi Gulam" <gulam at gulam.in> wrote:

I managed to changed veth's speed by modifying the driver's code. Here it is https://github.com/bakshi-gulam/veth-change-speed
Might help someone!

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 3:16 PM, Bakshi Gulam <gulam at gulam.in> wrote:

Hi All!

I'm trying to change interface speed of OVS but I couldn't. When I searched OVS mailing list archives, I found a answer that OVS doesn't offer a way to set speed rather it just advertises what the kernel reports.

Using ethtool, I got that my driver for virtual interfaces created by OVS is "veth". I tried changing the veth driver's speed using ethtool. But it says "operation not supported". Can anyone please tell me how to change the speed of veth driver so that OVS advertises new speed?

P.S.: This may be beyond the scope of OVS. But suggestions will be of great help.

--

// Bakshi Gulam        //

--

// Bakshi Gulam        //