[ovs-discuss] Early addition of flows in the kernel.

jimson chacko jimsonchacko at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 08:48:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

Can you give an example flow which has one entry in the user space and
multiple entries in the kernel ?

Ok. Now I know OVS is designed to push the flows in the kernel only during
handle_upcalls. But there are exceptions. One is when the flow is deleted.
One is when a flow (which is already present in the kernel) is modified. In
these cases the effect is immediate. That is, vswitchd will sync the flow
deletion/modification to the kernel without waiting for packets. Am I
correct ?

Regards
Jimson