[ovs-discuss] Unable to create a port on OVS bridge

Nishanth Devarajan dev_raj82 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 07:00:29 UTC 2015

Hello all,
	     I was setting up a network architecture with OVS, I’ve already set up bridges with various ports by now. Out of the blue it showed an error when I tried to add port tap0 to one of my bridges. It says: “Error detected while setting up tap0 . See ovs-vscwitchd log for details “  So when I go to the log I see this:

"another ovs-vswitchd process is running, disabling this process (pid 3094) until it goes away.”

I don’t know why it happened and it keeps happening ever since, even after I restart my machine to add  a port to a new bridge. How do I rectify this error? Thanks in advance.

Thank you for your time,
Nishanth