[ovs-discuss] Cannot add dpdkvhost user ports

haris tanvir haristanvir at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 13 11:52:33 UTC 2015

Hi,I am trying to add in dpdkvhostuser ports in openvswitch 2.4I have followed all the steps described in following documentationhttp://www.ran-lifshitz.com/2015/06/17/open-vswitch-netdev-dpdk-with-vhost-user-support/I have made sure that following checks are enabled when i build dpdkCONFIG_RTE_BUILD_COMBINE_LIBS=y
CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_VHOST=y
After all the steps, i am able to add ports of type 'dpdk' but when i add port of type 'dpdkvhostuser', it throws out following error in the logsbridge|WARN|could not open network device dpdkvhost0 (Address family not supported by protocol)
And surprisingly, it adds ports of 'vhostcuse' just fine, even though i have made sure a thousand times that i have checked vhostuser flag rather than vhostcuse flag (CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_VHOST=y in dpdk2.0.0/config/linux_common . Infact i have not even loaded 'cuse' module.
Can someone please point it some step im missing?
Thanks
RegardsHaris Tanvir