[ovs-discuss] Packet size can not exceed 978 bytes when ovs-dpdk user space vxlan is used

Chandran, Sugesh sugesh.chandran at intel.com
Wed Oct 14 16:18:04 UTC 2015

Regards
_Sugesh

From: discuss [mailto:discuss-bounces at openvswitch.org] On Behalf Of leo zhu
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2015 4:31 AM
To: discuss at openvswitch.org
Subject: [ovs-discuss] Packet size can not exceed 978 bytes when ovs-dpdk user space vxlan is used

Hi all,
I am testing the ovs-dpdk user space vxlan performance.
My topology is as follow:

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D106A4.488D5480]

DPDK pktgen is used to send packet in my test.

In the test process, I found that the packet size can not exceed 978 bytes. If the packet size is
larger than 978 bytes, the packet that was sent by pktgen on server 3 can not reach to server 4,
the traffic between server 3 and server 4 was blocked.
Does anybody know why?

Thanks.
Leo