[ovs-discuss] can I set the counters of the to-be-installed rule when adding a new rule to the flow table?

YB 947835908 at qq.com
Thu Oct 15 08:47:51 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Can I set the counters of the to-be-installed rule when adding a new rule to the flow table?

To be more specific, ( ovs-ofctl add-flow s1 "in_port=2 actions=output:3" ) can add a new rule in switch s1.
With dump-flows command, we can see something like:
"... n_packets=0, n_bytes=0,..., in_port=2, actions=output:3...".

So, my question is can I set the field of "n_packets"/"n_bytes" to an arbitrary number as desired?
Is is possible?
If yes, how?

Also, if it is not possible in OpenVswitch, do any commercial physical SDN switches support this?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Bin