[ovs-discuss] mapping dpdk ports to physical nics

Daniele Di Proietto diproiettod at vmware.com
Tue Oct 20 18:15:27 UTC 2015

Hi,

Currently OVS behaves like most DPDK apps and examples: it uses the port
ID to
name an interface.

This is less than ideal: the PCI id might be a better alternative, but the
DPDK
community is currently considering other options to identify an interface.
think OVS should be consistent with other DPDK apps, and adopt the naming
strategy that will be suggested by DPDK upstream.

Thanks,

Daniele