[ovs-discuss] Problem extending ovs

Haosen Wen wenhaosen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 07:41:57 UTC 2015

Hi all,

The program I'm working on require some extensions upon ovs. In short, *I
need to add a packet cache in the switches, which also means a set of
protocol between the controller and some APIs in order to tell the switches
when and how to buffer the packets of a certain flow. *But since I haven't
got familiar with all the usages of ovs, *is there any existing ways that
can solve the problem so that I can spare my energy developing new modules
in ovs?*

Now what I need to do is to find a proper IDE so that I can read and modify
the codes freely. I tried to import ovs-2.4.0 into eclipse for C/C++ and
found that some of the declarations of functions cannot be traced. Also, I
cannot run the project in eclipse to check my modifications. *So I wonder
whether there is a widely used IDE for ovs developing. By the way, I'm new
to ovs developing, so I wonder where I can find some tutorials or documents
for ovs developing.*

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,
Hs