[ovs-discuss] Fwd: lib/dpdk-link.c:25:24: fatal error: rte_config.h: No such file or directory #include <rte_config.h>

Kursat Kobya kursat.kobya at argela.com.tr
Fri Oct 23 07:59:37 UTC 2015

Hello,

I am trying to install and use DPDK vSwitch on Fedora 20. I have installed
dpdk dpdk-2.1.0 and openvswitchdpdk.l.1.1.0. And followed guideline,
https://github.com/01org/dpdk-ovs/blob/development/docs/01_Installation.md
I have already build and install all necessary requirements requirements,
extract source files as indicated in guide, make dpdk. And afterall when
trying to make OpenvSwitch it gave following error

lib/dpdk-link.c:25:24: fatal error: rte_config.h: No such file or directory
 #include <rte_config.h>

my environment variables are as follows :

RTE_SDK=/home/kursad/ovs_dpdk/DPDK
RTE_TARGET=x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc

when i search for rte_config.h in the file system i can see it under
./home/kursad/ovs_dpdk/DPDK/x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-gcc/include/rte_config.h

i tried to run command make install under dpdk while trying to fix this
problem, it also failed but put another rte_config.h under
./home/kursad/ovs_dpdk/DPDK/x86_64-ivshmem-linuxapp-icc/include/rte_config.h

yet this did not giver any further development and i gave same error again
when i try to make OpenvSwitch.

I also search this issue on the web but couldn't enough clue to fix
problem.
Could you please help me about fixing this problem.

Thanks,
Kursat