[ovs-discuss] Removing an OVS bridge using iproute2

Abhishek Chanda abhishek.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 23:36:26 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am running OVS in a privileged container. It adds a bridge using
"ovs-vsctl add-br br0". Once that container is removed, I need to
return the host in a clean state. I was hoping to do this
automatically by listening on docker events and running "sudo ip link
del br0" once the container is destroyed. But iproute2 returns
"operation not supported". These are the things I checked:

1. The nfnetfilter module is loaded
2. The bridge does not show up in brctl but shows up when I do a "ip a"

Is there any way to make this work?

Thanks