[ovs-discuss] Attempting to use OpenStack Kilo with OVS-DPDK

Yash Thadhani iwp.yash at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 03:17:43 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

                       I happened to come across this thread:
https://www.mail-archive.com/discuss@openvswitch.org/msg13925.html, I had a
couple of queries, it would great if someone could guide me.

Firstly, I am using RDO based Packstack (running Kilo) running on CentOS
7.0 servers. Would I still be able to use the networking-ovs-dpdk repo or
would it work only with Devstack?

Secondly, I was able to get OVS 2.4.0 with DPDK 2.1.0 working and was able
to spawn a VM using Libvirt xml. However, the thread clearly states that
support for vhost-user with OpenStack is available for DPDK 2.0.0. I am
supposed to use DPDK 2.1.0 only, would this cause a problem?

Thirdly, I was unable to access the local config example or usage document.
Is running the setup.py all it takes to install the agent? Is there any way
to specify the prefix where I would like my files to be installed to. Some
installations pick the default prefix as /usr/local however, I wish to
modify that to “/” only.

Thanks for your help,

Yash.