[ovs-discuss] [OVS v2.4.0] - VXLAN UDP port configuration is not notified to L2 driver/interface.
manish.chopra at qlogic.com
Wed Sep 9 10:03:34 UTC 2015
Detailed Description :
I am trying to test VXLAN with OVS bridge with L2 driver. With OVS release version [2.4.0] package VXLAN udp port configuration is not notified to L2 driver
via ndo_add_vxlan_port interface. Due to this hardware is not able to do offload of features [like checksum etc.], Hence TCP/IP traffic with encapsulated offload enabled on NIC is not working.
How to reproduce:
With L2 driver loaded - NIC interface eth0 [IP: 192.168.110.10] on the system
1) Installed OVS v 2.4.0 on the system
2) Created OVS bridge "ovs-vx" using "ovs-vsctl add-br ovs-vx"
3) ovs-vsctl add-port ovs-vx vxlan0 -- set interface vxlan0 type=vxlan options:remote_ip=192.168.110.20 options:key=100 options:dst_port=4789
- Here with this step VXLAN UDP port 4789 is not being notified to L2 interface eth0.
4) Configured IP on "ovs-vx" internal port [IP: 192.168.100.10]
5) Tried to ping remote "ovs-vx" internal port - ping 192.168.100.20 [Works fine]
6) Try running TCP/IP traffic between "ovs-vx" internal ports - it doesn't work with encapsulated offload enabled on NIC(eth0) interface.
VXLAN UDP port configuration must be notified to L2 interface [to eth0].
With OVS [v2.3.2] VXLAN udp port configuration was getting notified to L2 driver and there TCP/IP traffic with encapsulated offload worked fine.
Please let me know if any more information is required.
This message and any attached documents contain information from the sending company or its parent company(s), subsidiaries, divisions or branch offices that may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute, or use this information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the discuss