[ovs-discuss] [OVS v2.4.0] - VXLAN UDP port configuration is not notified to L2 driver/interface.

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Wed Sep 9 20:39:03 UTC 2015

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Manish Chopra <manish.chopra at qlogic.com> wrote:
> [...]

I believe that the correctness issue is actually in the driver. You
can't assume that encapsulation means VXLAN or that the port will be
registered. There are other protocols that set this and there are also
other sources for offloaded encapsulation packets, such as VMs. You're
going to have to do some filtering of offloads in ndo_features_check
to support this hardware.

That being said, there is a performance regression in OVS. Thomas, I
believe that this is a result of the GBP changes since that caused
kernels that previously supported receive offloads and GRO to use the
compat code, which doesn't support them. Would you mind taking a look?