[ovs-discuss] moving the process that runs the FIB...

Matt Raio matt at gns3.net
Thu Sep 10 17:53:22 UTC 2015

For a very specific reason, I wanted to know if you can add a device that
has it's own memory space and then run the process in OpenVSwitch that
builds and maintains the FIB.

If we can tweak OpenVSwitch to load the process in a separate Linux OS (a
container...and execute the FIB process), we can expand the FIB tables and
have the ability to stack cpu and RAM externally while the main OpenVSwitch
will handle the layer 3 Routing Engine.

I hope I'm a little more clear on the reason why I would want the ability
to move the process in another device with it's own RAM and CPU.

Thanks!

-Matt