[ovs-discuss] The Compatibility between Openvswitch and Physical NIC

Jesse Gross jesse at nicira.com
Thu Sep 17 16:40:11 UTC 2015

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015, zhi <changzhi1990 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, everyone.
>   Recently, we met a strange problem. We use Openstack by openvswitch. The
> network node(physical server) crashes when vm send TCP packages. By my
> analysis, the information of the physical nic (public network nic) is below:

This is a pretty common NIC so I don't think there is a general issue
here. You'll need to capture some of kind of stack trace for anyone to be
able to take a look.

You are also using a pretty old version of OVS, so I would try upgrading.
Are you using the OVS kernel module or the one packed with the upstream
kernel?